Selected for Families
Selected for Families connects parents directly with professional, qualified teachers to serve their family’s education and enrichment needs at home. Teachers are evaluated by Selected and matched with you based on your needs and preferences.
For the first time, families have access to the same teachers that leading schools hire on Selected, a leading teacher-hiring platform for schools.
We are committed to helping you find qualified teachers to provide structured, individualized support for your children. We want to help you understand the criteria that matter in hiring qualified teachers.
10% of all purchases is allocated to our grant programs that support teacher and school leader recruitment efforts at high needs PK-12 schools with demonstrated financial hardship due to COVID-19.
- On Selected for Families, teachers are experts in childhood education, professionally trained, qualified, and diverse classroom teachers. They are hired at leading public and private schools in the regions we serve.
- 75% state-certified or in the process of earning their state teacher certification
- 75% have at least a Master’s degree
- 40% teachers of color
- Are you a teacher interested in leading a learning pod? Sign up at Selected.
Our Process for Families
- Candidate screening and approval process: all teachers on Selected undergo a resume screen and approval process that determines their qualifications
- Consultation: assessment of your and your child’s preferences and needs
- Best fit search: our database of 35,000 teachers are filtered to align with your preferences
- Candidate interviews: we conduct interviews of your top matches (select packages only)
- Background checks: we initiate backgrounds checks of finalist candidates (select packages only)
- Needs and preferences assessment
- 1:1 consultation
- Customized ideal candidate (i.e., teacher) profile
- Candidate search and resume screening
- Leading candidates personally interviewed by Selected*
- Finalist candidates introduced to parents (including all contact information and resume)
- Background checks of finalist candidates*
- Contract agreement template to execute with teacher that outlines key terms of the proposed engagement
- * Select packages only. All other services are included in our standard service.
Metro Areas Served
INclusive of cities and surrounding communities
- AZ: Phoenix and Tucson
- CA: San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento-Stockton, Los Angeles, and San Diego
- DC: Washington DC
- FL: Miami-Dade
- GA: Atlanta
- IL: Chicago
- LA: New Orleans
- MA: Boston
- MD: Baltimore
- NJ: North, Central, and South
- NY: New York City (including parts of Long Island, Westchester, and Hudson Valley)
- OR: Portland
- PA: Philadelphia
- TN: Memphis and Nashville
- TX: Austin, Dalls-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio
- WA: Seattle
- Looking for a remote or virtual teacher? Happy to help. Let us know your needs.
- Not in your region? Let us know and you'll be among the first to know when we arrive.
What is a Private, At-Home Teacher
- While a private or at-home, professional teacher can serve as a subject matter expert (i.e., tutor), the role tends to be more expansive and holistic:
- Education expert and advisor to parents; they ensure that the child’s learning and engagement remains on track and consistent with their age and development
- Ensure that any primary and supplementary resources (e.g., school, tutors, online resources, enrichment activities) utilized by the student are consistent with desired and developmentally appropriate learning outcomes and goals
- Serve as a motivator and source of socialization and emotional support in the learning environment
- Teachers may serve the following roles:
- Part or full-time support of the virtual instruction students receive from their school
- Full-time replacement of the school setting altogether
- Provide support online or in-person
What is Selected
Selected is a social impact company dedicated to connecting parents and schools with the most relevant, committed, and diverse educators. Selected matches employers with a pre-vetted, qualified, and diverse pool of Pre-K to 12 candidates in urban metros throughout the Northeast US, California, Arizona, and Texas.
For the first time, parents have access to the same teachers on Selected for Families that leading schools hire via Selected.
Learn more about Selected, the teacher hiring platform used by schools